BIT.TRIP REMIX [03] VOID BIT.TRIP REMIX [03] VOID

Not familiar with the original track, so this'll be a fresh-minded review. My singular (read: only) issue with this track is a lack of energy. That's not a bad thing, that's just not the kind of thing I'm into. On a purely technical level though, I can easily say its a 5/5. The mixing, mastering, synthesis, and mood are top tier. Anything less than a perfect score is simply doing it a disservice.

ganon95 responds:

thanks. the whole idea behind the track is to be one long, continuous song that flows well.

The Citadel The Citadel

Good shit, my dude. 5 stars from me. Really reminds me of the Streets of Rage intro.

TheSpacePunk responds:

Many thanks to you mate!

DCGD - Summer's End DCGD - Summer's End

You have the basics of music production down, but you need to work on your music composition and engineering. The channel volumes are all over the place and there is too much note clashing in your chords. I'm not going to rate it on the sidebar, fyi, because I don't believe in punishing new composers, but I would seriously recommend getting yourself a music composition textbook to learn the math behind how music is made. Don't take this too negatively, we all have to start somewhere.

Millika Village - Main Theme Millika Village - Main Theme

Honestly, if you got yourself a drum machine, I could see myself listening to this in my free time. Solo instrument stuff isn't for me, so I won't rate this on the sidebar.

space attack space attack

The mix, maybe even the master, isn't very well done. Too much crackling on the high end. Try putting a limiter on your master channel at -0.3 db and see if that clears it up for you.

FountainBlue - Dance FountainBlue - Dance

This would fit right at home in a Streets of Rage game. Good night-life thing going on, though I can't say I'm a fan of the C64 synth, but that's just my personal preference.

Metroid: Orpheon's invasion Metroid: Orpheon's invasion

At first I didn't really get it until I read the description. I realized that to properly enjoy it, it was best to close my eyes and give it a listen. Good use of emotions and using sound to build a landscape. 5/5.

Fight the Boss! Fight the Boss!

Oh man, this reminds me of Batman and Robin back on the Sega Genesis. Totally something I would expect to hear from that game!

Cimba responds:

Awesome! Thanks!

Adventures in Space Adventures in Space

This is my jam

Walking In A Black Hole Walking In A Black Hole

Terribly awesome!

This song is awesomely bad!